Writing goals down with this formula will increase your chances of achieving success!
There is something semi-magical about writing one’s goals down, which makes achieving well-written goals an almost certainty!
Writing down your goals creates the roadmap to your success!
These are three quotes I found when I Googled "Writing down goals." I've always heard that writing down goals makes them easier to achieve. I suppose that writing down goals holds one accountable; penning goals makes them seem more permanent than just a thought; and, sketching them out on a computer or paper serves as a daily reminder of what one wants to achieve.
I've always been a goal setter. Of course, some of my goals were so high that I couldn't have ever achieved them, even if I did grow a twelve inches and magically slim my stomach to the thinness of a postage stamp. (In other words, even though I wrote the goal "Be Miss America" in my fifth grade diary, it surely never happened. I'm pretty okay with that now, though.)
This time around, however, I want to set some tangible goals for the upcoming derby season. I don't want to set myself up for failure, but I badly (so badly) want to achieve so many things this season.
Here we go:
1. I will not get ejected. (Side goal: I will not indulge in fighting on the track.)
2. I will score point(s) every game I jam. I don't expect myself to score points every single jam, but I want to put at least a couple points on the board.
3. I will do my best to approach derby girls from other teams and make conversation with them...no matter how awkward I feel.
4. I will have fun.
5. I will concentrate on hitting; I've gotten in the habit of just letting people hit me and trying not to fall down. This season, though, I'm gonna hit 'til my heart is content.
6. I will do my very best not to trip my own teammates.
7. I will learn a new skating technique/style at every bout. Then, I will practice it. Even if I can't get it, I will try!
8. I will be more confident and showy in my intro.
9. I will do a backwards hit, at least once.
10. I will jump over a pileup. (This is the one I'm feeling most positive about!)
I've never been as good as Combo at jumping, but I'm not so bad!
Extra: I want to be on a flier this season. I've never even had a skate appear on a flier! I don't have much control over that one, though. :)
Lookout, derby world. 9lb and her goals are hoping for a great season.